Thursday, January 15, 2009

Indian Clay or Mud?

When I was in second grade a popular recess pastime (along with tag, the bars, and wall ball) was digging in the sandbox. If you dug deep enough you would be honored to walk away with a handful of your very own authentic Indian Clay. I remember spending the whole lunch hour digging for Indian Clay. When I had enough I planned to create a magnificent bowl or a vase.
In real life Indian Clay does not exist, it is just regular old mud. But it was magical ancient clay to me and all the other second graders that spent all recess digging.


On this site I hope to offer you rose colored glasses. To view something one might consider junk and see the possibilities of creation.
Keep checking in..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always wondered why its called Indian clay. How I miss Elementary school!