Thursday, June 3, 2010

DIY: Cardigan

This project from start to finish took 30 minutes!

1. Cut out one inch strips of fabric. (Smaller or larger depending on how big you want your flowers.)

2. Cut a (fairly even) square out of your strip. This makes it easier to make sure your flowers are all the same length. TIP- Be sure to use fabric that won't fray!!!

3.With the corners as your guide cute out four petal flowers. I cut out between 34 and 36 flowers.

4. Now find the cardigan you want to use. I would lay out the petals in the arrangement you want so you like how it looks and so you are sure you have enough.

5. With thread similar to the color of your flowers stitch them on. (I used 2-3 larger stitches per flower.)
SEEEEE so easy!

4 comments:

Hattie said...

That is so pretty! I love yellow and grey together. It looks just like something that would cost a bazillion bucks at Anthropologie!

Heather said...

I agree with the Anthro feel, it's truly beautiful! Excellent idea! Thank you again for linking up on Friday! :)
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Justine said...

PRETTY! Great idea. I love all your ideas with the cardis.

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

Unknown said...

Wow what a great an easy idea. I may be able to attempt with my small amount of sewing skills.

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com